When I shared with people that I was receiving credit for this trip as a part of my studies with Western Seminary, they became curious about what our readings were. A number of them asked about what I was reading. Well, I can honestly say that under the solid tutelage of The Global Immersion Project, our learning community was not missing out perspective wise. There was an extensive amount of reading done as we prepared to gain as much well rounded knowledge as possible to help the cultivation process.
Below is a list of books that we got our hands dirty with and our hearts changed by. I personally did not read each and every book from cover to cover, but Blood Brothers, by Elias Chacour and Allah: A Christian Response, by Miroslav Volf were the most powerful for me in this process.
Texts for TGIP's learning community #1 (not in any specific order)
1. Embracing Israel/Palestine (Michael Lerner)
2. Blood Brothers (Elias Chacour)
3. Allah: A Christian Response by (Miroslav Volf)
If any of these seem worthy of a read on your end or something you might be interested in, please feel free to let me know and I will gladly pass along my copy for you to read.
No comments:
Post a Comment